The first Friday of each month I will be sharing five patterns for five letters! You can find all the other posts for each letter’s pattern here. Read through the pattern thoroughly, use a 1/4″ seam and press all seams open unless otherwise stated.
What you will need
1 – 2.5″ square
1 – 6.5″ x 8.5″
4 – 1.5″ x 12.5″
3 – 2.5″ square
2 – 2.5″ x 8.5″
2 – 2.5″ x 10.5″
1. Draw a line diagonally across the back of the 2.5″ print square. Place it right side together . Align the square as shown above on a 2.5″ x 8.5″ background strip. Sew along the line and trim 1/4″ from the seam towards the outer corner. Press.
2. Draw a line diagonally across the back of the 2.5″ background squares. Align the squares on the large print rectangle as show above and sew along the line. Trim 1/4″ from the seam towards the outer corner. Press.
3. Sew the units from Steps 1 and 2 together as shown above. Press.
4. Sew the remaining 2.5″ x 8.5″ strip of background fabric to the other side of the letter, followed by the 2.5″ x 10.5″ strips to the top and bottom of the letter. Trim to 10.5″ x 12.5″. Press.
5. Sew the 1.5″ x 12.5″ strips of print to the sides of the letter, followed by the top and bottom of the letter. Trim to 12.5″ x 14.5″ and press.
If you make something from this pattern, please feel free to share it in the Flickr group or tag it #easyasabcqal on Instagram. And don’t forget to come back and link up this month’s blocks and be in the running for some great prizes!