The first Friday of each month I will be sharing five patterns for five letters! You can find all the other posts for each letter’s pattern here. Read through the pattern thoroughly, use a 1/4″ seam and press all seams open unless otherwise stated.
What you will need
1 – 2.5″ square
1 – 2.5″ x 4.5″
2 – 2.5″ x 6.5″
4 – 1.5″ x 12.5″
3 – 2.5″ square
1 – 2.5″ x 4.5″
2 – 2.5″ x 8.5″
2 – 2.5″ x 10.5″
1. Draw a line diagonally across the back of two 2.5″ background squares. Following the alignment of the lines in the above diagram, sew one square to the bottom of the 4.5″ print rectangle. Trim 1/4″ from the seam and press the seam toward the print. Repeat for the top, again following the alignment of the line in the above diagram.
2. Sew the remaining 2.5″ print square to the 2.5″ background square. Sew this unit to the right of the unit from step 1.
3. Sew the 4.5″ background rectangle to the top of the unit from step 2. Sew the 6.5″ print rectangle to the right of this new unit, and then the remaining 6.5″ print rectangle to the top.
4. Sew the 2.5″ x 8.5″ strips of background fabric to the sides of the letter, followed by the 2.5″ x 10.5″ strips to the top and bottom of the letter. Trim to 10.5″ x 12.5″.
5. Sew the 1.5″ x 12.5″ strips of print to the sides of the letter, followed by the top and bottom of the letter. Trim to 12.5″ x 14.5″ and press.
If you make something from this pattern, please feel free to share it in the Flickr group or tag it #easyasabcqal on Instagram. And don’t forget to come back and link up this month’s blocks and be in the running for some great prizes!