It’s my turn on the Sew Lux Fabrics Charm Madness blog hop and I’ll be sharing a tutorial to make this quick and easy table runner – perfect for a small table or dresser! I even tried out the Threadbias Quilt Design Tool to make the illustrations… not perfect, but we will get there! I do highly recommend giving it a go – they keep updating and fixing things, so it’s only going to get better!
What you will need
1. Draw a line down the middle of 8 white charm squares. Place it on the right side of your purple, blues and green charms.
2. Chain stitch 1/4″ from the line on both sides on all 8 charms, then cut along the line. Press towards the print and trim to 4.5″ square.
3. Arrange your squares like the above image. Sew into rows, press seams open. Sew rows together and press seams open. Trim to 8″ square, with each quadrant – 4″ square.
4. Cut the orange charm into four 2.5″ squares, and the pink charms into 2.5″ x 4.5″ strips. Cut 1 white charm into four 2.5″ squares, and the 4 remaining white charms trim to 4.5″ square.
5. Sew one orange square to one white 2.5″ square. Press seam open. Sew this unit to a pink strip as shown in the above image, with the orange/white on the right edge of the pink strip. Press seam open. Make 4.
6. Sew a white 4.5″ square to the right edge of each pink/orange unit as shown in the above image. Press seams to the pink/orange unit. Sew two together as shown in the image above and press seams open. Make 2. Trim to 8″ square, with each quadrant – 4″ square.
7. Align your ruler through the diagonal of your block and cut into 2 triangles.
8. Sew all your blocks together in rows as shown above, pressing seams open. Sew the rows together.
9. Baste, quilt, bind, voila!
Pop by the Sew Lux Fabric blog to visit all the other blogs and enter all the giveaways! You will need the number of charm squares I used in my project – 22. There are three ways to enter:
- Enter the three weekly giveaway drawings on Sundays during the blog hop at the Sew Lux blog – Week 2 is up now!
- Link up your own charm project – Linky post will be open for entries between 23rd March and 6th of April.
- Enter the Grand Prize Winner Giveaway by counting the total number of charms used in all the blog hop tutorials. Complete the entry form on 7th or 8th April.