The final stop on the Having A Starry Time blog hop is right here! The Fat Quarter Shop’s Triangle Papers On A Roll have been so fun to use – big thanks to Kimberly and the gang for supplying us with Triangle Papers to try out and giveaway! They’re are available in a range of finished sizes from 1″ to 6″ and come on a roll, allowing you to cut off as much or as little as you need and still keep the rest intact. If you haven’t already this week, check out the Fat Quarter Shop’s YouTube video – it shows how to use them for those of us who like the visual assistance!
A big thanks to the lovely ladies who joined me for this blog hop! What a creative bunch of ladies you all are! They had to put up with delayed organisation due to my sudden departure last month, so big thanks for that too. Go check out their tutorials and enter the giveaways:
– Buy the finished size you need the HSTs to be. For example, to make my 12″ finished block, I need 6×6 HST squares at 2″ finished size.
– You can cut the fabric exactly the right size, but I’d suggest adding a 1/4″ around the outside edge at first to give you a little wriggle space until you’re used to them.
– Pin your fabric + paper to hold them securely in place.
– Shorten your stitch length to 1 to make it easier to tear the paper away at the end.
– Backstitch at the start and end of each line to secure your stitch in place.
– Sew on the dashed lines, cut on the solid. I only had to mix that up once to remember it!
What you will need
1 – 4.5″ x 4.5″ feature print for centre
2 – 6″ x 9″ white
4 – 2.5″ x 2.5″ white
1 – 6″ x 9″ print A
1 – 3″ x 6″ print A
1 – 6″ x 9″ print B
1 – 3″ x 6″ print B
1. Layer the 3″ x 6″ prints A and B right sides together and 1 row of Triangle Papers. Pin and sew along the dashed lines.
2. Trim along the outside edges, and the inner solid lines.
3. Trim each corner to create a diamond – this removes the dog ears.
4. Peel off the paper – see, 2.5″ unfinished!
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the following pairings:
- 6″ x 9″ white + 6″ x 9″ print A + 3 rows Triangle Papers
- 6″ x 9″ white + 6″ x 9″ print B + 3 rows Triangle Papers
6. Arrange in rows around the 4.5″ square feature print and sew in rows. Press seams in alternating directions each row.
7. Sew the rows together, and voila!
And of course what fun would a blog hop be without sharing the goodies! Today you have one more chance to win a roll of Triangle Papers to try them out for yourself. One lucky winner will receive a roll of 2″ finished Triangle Papers so that you too can make a star block like mine!
Just leave a comment with your favourite HST quilt block pattern – feel free to share a link to share the HST love. Bonus entry for those who follow the Fat Quarter Shop via Facebook, blog or Twitter – leave another comment telling me that too!
Giveaway closes Monday 24th March 9am JST. Winner must be contactable by email – no-reply bloggers are ineligible to win. If in doubt, leave your email address in your comment.